« Home | Could use some rest! » | Zzzip » | Percussion » | Bike wreck » | Speed » | Hakuna Matata » | Lines and stripes » | As far as you can see... » | Wheels of change » | Looking up - color » 

Sunday, August 21, 2005 

Thurmond Dam


Thurmond dam in the Georgia-South Carolina border, along the Savannah river. Lake Thurmond, created by this dam is one of the largest manmade lakes in southeast US. Its a great place to chill-out, picnic and generally sit saoked in the water. Read more about Thurmond Lake and Dam here.

A strong recurring pattern - I'll bet there is massive potential for a bag of shots here.

I like the repeating pattern.

Thurmond lake? I thought it was Hartwell that was the largest!!

hey,
you have posted some sensational pics here while I was gone..

May I say - you are well into becoming an advanced amateur or amateurish pro :) Keep it up.

Ian, thanks. Yeah, I'm sure there were .. I just haven't had a gr8 photography phase of late!
Chantal, thanks a lot.
Sriram, 'one of' the largest!
Potpourri .. no way even close! :))

Cool picture (the tones are indeed very cool)! But I agree with Ian that there should have been many other photo opportunities out there. But hey I do not agree that you have not had a great photography phase. Your pictures in the recent past have been fantastic. Keep going!

thanks a lot Suyog. by the slump, i meant the enthusiasm to go out and look for opportunity.

nice landscape.
good one

thanks Srikanth

good shot!

but how embarrassing to have a public structure named after that racist bastard....

sorry. guess i shdn't speak ill of the dead.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Kamakshi
  • Madison, Wisconsin, United States
My profile
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from rx_kamakshi. Make your own badge here.

Previous posts

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates